National Diversity Council Recognizes Premier Health For Diversity Work
Premier Health has been recognized as a Top Three Diversity Organization by the Healthcare Diversity Council (HDC), an initiative of the National Diversity Council (NDC), for its exemplary diversity initiatives and efforts in paving the way for equitable health care delivery.
“Diversity, equity, and inclusion is a priority at Premier Health.” said Mike Riordan, president and CEO of Premier Health. “It is woven into the cultural fabric of our organization. As a recognized leader in this area, we strive every day to be better at creating and implementing a more inclusive health care environment for both our employees and the communities we serve.”
Organizations considered for this honor had to meet the following criteria:
- Creates or spearheads innovative diversity initiatives that establish and foster a more inclusive and equitable work environment
- Actively participates and/or organizes programs that benefit and involve the community
- Staff retain a commendable reputation with partners, patients, and the community
- Exhibits and demonstrates a commitment to the highest ethical standards, integrity, and professional excellence
- Proven commitment to the recruitment, training, development, and retention of individuals from all populations
- A record of contributions and accomplishments in the health care industry
Premier Health will be recognized at the third annual National Healthcare DEI Conference held in Pittsburgh this July along with GuideWell and Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health. Adrian Taylor, director of diversity for Premier Health, is a featured speaker and moderator at the conference.