Mueller Youth Scholarship Guidelines
Funded by contributions to the Premier Health Employee Giving Campaign, Mueller Youth Scholarships are awarded in a blind competitive selection process. The applications must be submitted using our online application. Hard copies will not be accepted. Please carefully read the application for details on how to submit your acceptance letter or fall 2023 schedule. If applicants already have their acceptance letter or fall 2023 schedule, please submit your documentation with your initial application. All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Applicant’s parent/guardian must be an employee of Miami Valley Hospital and/or its subsidiaries for at least six months (Contract employees’ children are not eligible)
- Applicant must be an employee’s dependent
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D.
- Applicant should be active in one or more community service activities, such as volunteering for a nonprofit organization, church group, charity walks, etc.
- Applicant must meet admission criteria and be accepted into a study program
- Applicant must be pursuing an undergraduate level study or a trade certification
- The application must include all items required at the time of submission
- Applicants are only eligible to receive one Foundation scholarship annually from Premier Health
- Upon submitting you will receive an email with your confirmation code. Please resubmit or contact the Foundation if you do not receive a confirmation. You are responsible for ensuring that your application was successfully submitted.
Selection and Review Committee
A subcommittee appointed of the Premier Health Employee Giving Campaign reviews all applications and essays. Names and other identifying information will be removed prior to the selection process. All decisions are final. The administration of the program will be coordinated through the Miami Valley Hospital Foundation office.
Social Security Number
If this is your first time applying, you will be contacted for your Social Security number. It is mandatory that we have this in order to process your application.
Number of Recipients
The total number of recipients will be based on the dollar amount assigned to the Mueller Youth Scholarship Fund by donor-designated contributions in the Premier Health Employee Giving Campaign annual membership drive.
Length of Participation
Participation will be approved for one year. The applicant may re-apply in subsequent years by completing a new application and submitting the required information. No more than four scholarships will be awarded to one applicant. The scholarships are for undergraduate level study only.
Essay Question Helpful Hints
When answering the required essay questions, do not include your name or refer to your parent or guardian’s job in the essay written content. Please be sure to answer the question fully without quoting directly from Google or a similar information service or a dictionary definition. Plagiarism is not acceptable. Your essays will be judged based on their clarity and completeness. It is important that words are spelled correctly, no grammatical errors and proper quoting of sources.