Mueller Youth Scholarship Guidelines
Mueller Society Youth Scholarships are awarded in a competitive selection process. The applications are submitted in May using our online application. Hard copies will not be accepted. All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Applicant’s parent/guardian must be an employee of Miami Valley Hospital and/or other subsidiaries. (The employee must have six months employment with MVH or its subsidiaries for dependents to apply. Contract employees’ children are not eligible.)
- Applicant must be an employee’s dependent.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D.
- Applicant should be active in one or more community service activities, such as volunteering for a non-profit organization, church group, charity walks, etc.
- Applicant must meet admission criteria and be accepted into a study program.
- Applicant must be pursuing an undergraduate level study or a trade certification.
- The application must include all items required at the time of submission.
Selection and Review Committee
A sub-committee appointed of the Mueller Society Employee Council reviews all applications and essays. Names and other identifying information will be removed prior to the selection process. All decisions are final. The administration of the program will be coordinated through the MVH Foundation office.
Social Security Number
If this is your first time applying, you will be contacted for your social security number. It is mandatory that we have it in order to process your application.
Number of Recipients
The total number of recipients will be based upon the dollar amount assigned to the Mueller Youth Scholarship Fund by Mueller Society donors in the annual membership drive. (The larger the fund, the greater the number of scholarships to be awarded.)
Length of Participation
Participation will be approved for one year. The applicant may re-apply in subsequent years by completing a new application and submitting the required information. No more than four scholarships will be awarded to one applicant. The scholarships are for undergraduate level study only.
Essay Question Helpful Hints
When answering the required essay questions, do not include your name or refer to your parent or guardian’s job in the essay content. Please be sure to answer the question fully without quoting directly from Google or a similar information service or a dictionary definition. Plagiarism is not acceptable. Your essays will be judged based on their clarity and completeness. It is important that words are spelled correctly, no grammatical errors and proper quoting of sources.